Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Update on Spidey

So if you're anything like me you probably have already heard the news about the casting for the new Spiderman movie, which was announced a few weeks ago and to everyone's dismay (including myself) Tom Holland was chosen. Not that I have anything against Holland himself, I'm just disappointed that he was chosen to play Peter Parker/Spiderman, meaning no Miles Morales/Spiderman story. Holland who is 19 years old seems to give an idea on how the franchise may be going, as it seems that this time around it will be starting at the beginning of Peter's High School experience. One of my biggest issues I have with this decision is the fact that Miles Morales was announced to be the official new Spiderman mere weeks before. Another issue I have with the continuation of the Peter Parker story is that everyone already knows it, and as I said before in my last Spiderman post I'm really not interested in seeing the same story for a third time! To be honest I feel like the movie is going to be geared towards a younger audience, seeing as Holland is 19 and each time they do a reboot of the Spiderman movies the Peter they chose gets younger. The story of Peter Parker is also not as relevant as it was when it was originally written. The character of Peter Parker was suppose to be an outcast, a nerd, a loser and a bit of a loner. However people with the "Peter Parker" nerd esthetic are no longer outcasts or losers, they are the guys the girls want to date, instead of looking the other way. I just feel that these guys are now the cool guys, and it's just not how it use to be when the story was created. Therefore, now would be the perfect opportunity for a change, it's time for Miles Morales.

-leelou

No comments:

Post a Comment