Monday, June 23, 2014

California

It has been a solid few months since I went to California and on my first plane ever! (wow) So, I figured it's about time to tell any of you that may in fact be reading or interested what so ever, in what I did on my trip. 

So here it goes: A visual journal of my trip to California.

First Stop: San Francisco

Alcatraz Island Jail 
Lombard Street in San Francisco, one of the most curved roads. There was honestly a line up of cars to go down it! 
The Golden Gate Fortune Cookie Factory running since 1962. I'm obsessed with fortune cookies, so you can imagine the excitement. They even give freshly backed samples to every person who visits!!
San Francisco Street Car museum. This is how the famous Street Cars of San Francisco are powered. 
A lovely over view of the City! 



The Chinese Theatre!
Wax Conan O'brien! Next Goal: Meet real Conan. 
The Biggest Troll EVER. 
Rodeo Drive. (Where super fancy people shop. Honestly everything was designer!) 

Venice Beach. Honestly the most chill beach I've ever been to, graffiti on the trees, skate parks and street performers! 


San Diego:

Seals!

Some pretty palm trees. :) 
A statute of the famous picture of a sailor kissing a women on V-J Day in Times Square, NY in 1945 located in San Diego.
San Diego Zoo.  


Overall, it really was a fantastic trip. It was a little rushed and stressful at times, and my lack of sleep and the early rising didn't help, but I'm extremely glad I took the opportunity and went. California is a beautiful place and it was so nice to get away from the ice and snow in Canada for a week in March. I would jump at the chance to go again, but for now Canada is what I call home and what I hope to call home for a long time coming.


No comments:

Post a Comment