Sunday, June 29, 2014

A Day of Thrifting

So many chairs!! 
Vinyls...♡

The beautiful and large selection of jars. A D.I.Y dream.

Fell in love with this chair.
(a up-close of the  above chair 's pattern, which I absolutely loved!!)
Love this orange and yellow chair as well. Very 70s.
Some old sewing machines (in their boxes.)



Made a new friend at the shops. This is Louis. Not going to lie, I spent a good amount of time playing with this little fellow.

Yesterday I went on a little adventure to the local thrift shops downtown. I had a peak in each of them and I was able to find some pretty cool items.

The first two items that I got were some really cool old glass jars. They had glass lids with the labels punched into them. I thought they were so pretty, and so bought 2 of them. When I purchased them, I was intending to paint them, tinting them a nice mint green or orange, but I'm starting think other wise. I feel they are far too old to use for a D.I .Y craft. I think for now I'm going to leave them the way they are, as they are far too pretty already and I'm worried I'll ruin them. I think I will just have to make another trip back to the shops and buy a few more jars that I wouldn't mind painting.

The next piece I got was a plan white mug, as I'm planning on drawing on it with sharpies (another D.I.Y craft.) Right now I'm thinking I might draw a cute little lil Bub face on it, as I am sort of obsessed with lil Bub, as I'm sure many others are. She is honestly the cutest little cat. I hope that if I draw her on my mug and can do her cute little face justice.

The last item I picked up was an old photograph of a man with a long suit jacket on, a top hat and cane tucked under his arm. I thought it was such a lovely photo, and although it may seem a little creepy to have this random man's photo, I still had to buy it. I just thought it looked so cool and since I'm super into photography myself, I thought it might not be too creepy. haa. I'm still not really sure what I'll do with it yet, but I'll figure out a way to put it to good use.


No comments:

Post a Comment