Thursday, October 6, 2016

What is love? What a cliche question...

Hello again and welcome to the second post in my mini series of posts called "Drafts and Past Thoughts" in which I am posting some past drafts, that never made it to my blog. To try and date when this post was written I would say around February 2016. I hope this may help anyone in some way and most of all I hope you enjoy! - leelou

As a young child we all dream of a life that we think we're all destined to have; to find the person of our dreams, marry them and have a beautiful family. We build these dreams up in our heads. We imagine these families, two girls maybe, or maybe four boys; you still haven't figured out the details. All that matters is that you found the person of your dreams and you know life couldn't be better; you find your whole. As a young children believe this will happen to each and everyone of us, but as we get older we began to see that not everyone is so lucky.

I have come to a point in my life where I've hit an end, as I begin to look around at people and realize how many don't ever get married and don't ever have a family. I know this isn't the main goal in life, because having an amazing job or traveling are an equally rewarding things do with your life, but having someone to share these memories with is important too. I'm not a hopeless romantic and I don't believe in love in first sight, and fears have got the best of me.

I've learned so much about myself over the past 2 years of college and I know I can face things on my own, but the scary part is never getting to share these feelings with someone I truly trust.

I've started to consider the fact that not I might not ever find someone to be with, or to have a family with and that is an extremely scary fact. At this point in my life I fear for never finding anyone.

I fear of never truly feeling love. 

I fear of settling.

I fear if finding the perfect person is not possible for me.

I fear that I am not capable of love.

I fear that will never feel romantic feelings towards another person.

I fear that I will never be loved by another person.

I fear I will never have a family of my own.

I fear to go through life without know what love is.

The constant eternal question..."what is love?" I hope one day I'll know.

No comments:

Post a Comment