Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Flower Crown Attempt #1

The fact that it is almost Christmas and there is already snow on the ground has not stopped me in attempting to create my very first flower crown, as I see it, if I start now I will be able to perfect my flower crown making abilities by the summer time.

I'll take you through my process of how I created my flower crown, however I am not saying this is the right way to do it or the only way to do it, it's just how I figured out how to do it. So as follows...

How to make a Flower Crown:

First off, you will need to get all your materials together.
You will need:
-Plastic flowers
-Florist wire
-Florist tape
-Scissors
-Glue gun + glue sticks

Next, take 2 or 3 flowers and cut their ends to make them approx. 2 inches long. Then wrapped the flowers together with florist tape. Add a dab of glue to the last bit of the florist tape that you wrapped around to help it stay in place. At the bottom of your mini flower bunch, you can put another dab of hot glue to help to reinforce it from falling apart.


 
Next I take your florist wire and wrap it around your head approx. 3 times, to make sure it will fit  when I was done. Then twist the wire around itself to create a circle, like the one bellow.


Next, you will begin to attach your mini flower bunches to your crown. Do this by wrapping a flower bunch to the crown with the florist tape. Continue to make more flower bunches and attach them until you have cover the whole front of your crown, as seen below.


Lastly, I cover the wire on the back of your crown by wrapping a piece of white ribbon around. 
Your final product should look a little like this:

**Sorry for the lack of photos.

Let me know if you used my mini tutorial l to help you create a flower crown and if you've made a flower crown using another tutorial I would still love to see!

-leelou



No comments:

Post a Comment